Moringa Oil is obtained from the seed of Moringa Oleifera. Moringa Oleifera is a drought resistance tree of the family moringaceae. This tree is native to tropical and sub tropical regions of South Asia. Common names include Moringa, Drumstick tree, Horseradish tree, Ben oil tree, Benzolive tree.
Olefeira is considered to be an aggressive invasive species. India is the largest producer of Moringa and the Moringa and its oil is recognized, is in good demand across the world for its quality. Moringa is now cultivated in more than 82 countries. Moringa is native to North India. It is often called Miracle tree and have an impressive history. From its native home in India, it spread eastward to the lower parts of China, Southeast Asia and the Philippines, and westward to Egypt, the Horn of Africa, around the Mediterranean, and finally to the West Indies off the coast of America.
Benefits of Moringa Oil:
Ayurveda says that Moringa Oil has numerous benefits. It says that tree and its part has the capability to fight around 300 types of diseases. Moringa is said to have 90 different types of nutrients, 46 antioxidants, proteins and 36 anti-inflammatory agents.
The Healing & Beautifying benefits of Moringa Oil have been documented for thousand of years. The Romans and Greeks extracted edible oil from seeds and used it for perfumes, skin lotions and ointments. Today Moringa oil is one of the sought after commodity for Cosmetics and preferred oil for beauty Industry. One of the main benefits of Moringa oil, which makes it a favored ingredient in the cosmetic industry is its richness in cytokinins and more importantly, zeatin, the most potent one of these plant hormones. Zeatin promotes cellular growth and delays the aging process by supporting and nourishing cell tissue.
The Moringa oil is obtained through cold pressed process. Cold pressing process involves extracting the oil at room temperature. The temperature of the oil processing should not be more than 49 degree celcius for the oil to be called cold pressed oil. The oil obtained through cold pressed process is better than obtained through steam distillation or through hot press process. Lower the temperature better is considered to be the process.
Cold press process preserve maximum flavor, aroma, and antioxidants of Moringa Oil than steam distillation or hot pressed process. It is a emollient, light oil, with skin moisturizing properties that spread easily on the skin without leaving a greasy residue. Its high resistance to oxidation makes it a desirable oil for cosmetics and beauty industry. It can be found in many beauty products such as skin lotions, soaps, face creams,body butters, hair products and moisturizers. It can also be used as a blend in massage oils, coupled with aromatherapy application. It is a carrier oil and blend very well with Essential Oils.
Benefit to Skin:
- Emollient: Moringa Oil absorbs easily, while soothing and softening the skin.
- Skin Healthy Nutrients: Moringa oil has Vitamin A, C and E. It helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, it helps build collagen, and has anti inflammatory and healing benefits of Vitamin E.
- Benefit to Dry Skin: Moringa Oil softens the skin and maintains moisture in the skin.
Anti Ageing Properties of Moringa:
- Anti Oxidants help fight free radicals damage that can cause skin damage and lead to the formation of wrinkles.
- Plant hormones called cytokinins help promote cell growth and protects from tissue damage.
- Vitamin C stabilizes collagen and help reduce fine lines and repair damaged skin cells.
- Helps minimize dark spots from can and hyperpigmentation.
Anti Septic and Anti-Inflammatory Properties:
- Moringa oil is said to have anti septic and anti-infammatory properties and has been used to treat and heal minor skin abrasions, minor cuts and scrapes, bruises, burns, insect bites, rashes and sunburn and skin infections.
The Beneft of Moringa Oil for Hair Care:
- Moringa Oil is a toxic free supplement that helps improve and maintain the strength and health of your scalp and hair.
- Moringa Oil when use it as hot oil therapy penetrates through deeply into hair and skin, delivering vital nutrients and moisture without leaving it greasy. A regular massage with Moringa Oil can also help reduce dandruff and split ends.
I hope this information will enable and expand your understanding for Moringa Oil. For further question do reach out to us, we will be very happy to help you on this oil. At Ayuroma Centre, we cold press the finest quality Moringa in our factory and are one of the major suppliers of this oil and supply to different parts of the World.