Market has multiple type of essential oil available for buying. A large no. Of companies are available
for selling there brand in the market. It becomes quite essential to vet over following points to be
sure that you are getting therapeutic quality essential oils from a supplier you trust.
1. Deep Research about the company : Research about the company you are planning to buy oil from.
Navigate through there website, online blogs, product reviews, product rating over different
2. Honest User Review : Best way is to connect to the user who have been consuming those products
you are planning to buy. Ask about his experience and unbiased product reviews.
3. Smell Foul through pricing of essential oils : Many natural essential oils have their synthetic
substitute available. Always, there is slight variation in the aroma. To a layman buyer, the difference
may be non-noticeable but prices can give some hints. Natural essential oils have prices mapped as
per the cost of production (man, machine, material etc.), so different oils have different pricing.
However, one selling synthetic oils have more or less similar pricing.
4. Adulteration/Substitution : The more expensive an oil, the greater the risk of adulteration to that
oil. Adulteration degrades the value of the essential oil. A trusted source and company known for
their quality and standards.
5. Mapping the Supply chain of the Supplier : The fragrance industry has many levels of buyers and
suppliers. Higher the levels in the supply chain, the higher are the chances of Adulteration. It is always
best to buy from the direct source, who is the original distiller of essential oils or someone buying
directly form distillers to ensure that high quality essential oils are being bought by the people.
6. Quality Practices and Systems inside the organization : An Organization with established quality
systems, research and testing infrastructure, certifications are more concerned over delivering the
quality to customer rather than those with a lack of it.
7. Grading of Essential OIls : Oil comes with different grades, having different pricing. For Example
Ylang Ylang superior is the first stage of distillation, whereas Ylang Ylang complete is a combination of
all four stages of distillation. In such cases, it is important that different grades are be priced
separately. However, some sellers misrepresent the grades so to maximize the profit. Buyers should
be aware of these and should check the sellers credentials and made himself/herself educated of the
quality of oil at hand.
8. Extenders Adulteration : Extenders are the oils which uses synthetic or natural solvents. Expensive
oils are frequently extended with Jojoba. Some oils are extended to tilt their viscosity or
9. Verifying through Companies vision, approach and Duration of operation : Companies working to
create a difference in the life of customers through their products are more conscious and dedicated
to supply quality and genuine products. Going through companys’ vision, approach and duration of
operation gives a fair idea of how the product will feature.
Hope this would give you a fair idea and insight to chose the best and quality essential oils to buy and
At Ayuroma, we distill purest form of Essential oil for our company. Our bench marking and testing
facility known as ATRIC ensures that each drop of oil passing to our buyer through our distillery is of